I asked my cousin in a letter for advice on gaining some writing momentum on my blog. I’ve really wanted to improve in the frequency of my writing, but I always feel like what I have to say is not good enough. So I needed some tips or encouragement.
She didn’t give much, but she did suggest not worrying so much about giving life advice or wisdom and focus on giving readers a glimpse of what my life is like, and the things I learn will spring up out of that.
It inspired me to write. I also decided to look at my old blog posts to inspire me because I used to write so much more frequently. But I don’t have much to offer right now, so I’ll offer you some random thoughts – some sprinkles from the life of Tammy. ‘Sprinkles’ sounds so much more festive than ‘things,’ don’t cha think?
- It was so stinkin’ hot this weekend before it rained. I really do not function well when I sweat just from sitting. It apparently also causes me sleep deprivation…
- Found a pretty Christian girl for Paul, but it turns out she’s married. Been married for 4 years now. Womp womp.
- It’s been a bit of a lonely Mother’s Day. I’m glad I got to talk to my mom, though.
- I miss Nathan. I’m glad I still miss him.
- Our mouse traps have not yet caught the little bugger.
- I found an ant on my desk today – EEK. Should I be worried about a troop preparing to invade??
- One of our neighbors pulled out his trumpet. It’d be one thing if he was practicing songs, but all he did was play one short stinkin’ note every 15 minutes or so. I felt like we lived next door to a baby elephant.
- I LOVE catching up with Michelle. It is so life-giving. Wish we didn’t have to catch up all the time. Wish we lived closer, too…
- I am excited and stressed about Basileia all at the same time.